A third, but not the last, instalment of the Korean theme I’ve got going on now. (I started on a new drama and everything is just Daebak at the moment ) This is going to be a real quick post because, well, because I am spent. Like I-could-lay-in-bed-for-three-days-straight spent. But then again, that’s how I feel most nights.
Anyway, quick post means a quick dish. What could be quicker than Kimchi Bokkeumbap? Not many that I can think of. It literally takes you 15 minutes to make this dish from start to finish. Maybe even 10, I wasn’t timing myself.
Kimchi Bokkeumbap (Kimchi Fried Rice)
- 1 cup cooked rice It’s best if it was kept in the fridge overnight
- ½ cup kimchi, cut into bite size pieces
- 100g ground meat Beef, pork, chicken, it doesn’t matter
- 1 stalk scallion, sliced thin diagonally
- 1 heaped tsp red pepper paste (Gochujang)
- 2 Eggs
- Heat 1 Tbsp of cooking oil in a pan and add the ground meat. Stirring and breaking it apart with your spatula, cook until it browns slightly.
- Add Kimchi, half the scallions and the pepper paste to the pan and stir/toss to mix well.
- Add Rice and stir/toss to mix well. Continue cooking until rice is heated through. Dish up.
- In another pan, cook the eggs sunny side up and serve over the fried rice. garnish with remaining scallions.